My Entrepreneurship Story

My Entrepreneurship Story - 3A









          One of the earliest memories I have of being exposed to entrepreneurship is from one of my close friends on my soccer team. A few years ago, my friend’s mom started making dainty, fashionable bracelets and necklaces. These pieces of jewelry could often be found at boutiques, but for an insanely high price. She started off her new hobby slowly, buying small pieces of jewelry from Michaels and creating a low number of bracelet and necklaces to give to the girls on our soccer team. Her jewelry was a HIT with the team and soon everybody wanted more, including sisters and moms! After this craze, she started to design more and ended up making an Instagram and Facebook to advertise her new growing business. She now sells loads of amazing jewelry for a reasonable price from her Instagram, Facebook, and seasonal setup at the Fruit and Spice park in Miami. 

          I enrolled in ENT 3003 because I thought it would be interesting to know what is put into creating and nurturing a business. I am really interested in Interior Design and Architecture, so I thought it would be pretty cool if maybe one day I opened my own Interior Design consultation or Architecture business. I wanted to know everything I would have to put in and everything to consider in making a business thrive. I hope to get out of this class some more insight from people who have successful businesses and also unsuccessful business stories, and more about how to achieve my goals.

Comments

  1. Hi Madison!

    I really enjoyed your story and love to see small businesses be successful. I had a similar story as my mom started a business, and grew from the support from other local moms. Many handmade items are very overpriced and it is really great to see individuals selling items at fair prices. I enjoyed seeing the photos from her instagram business page, as social media is a huge influence on marketing products. You have really great intentions for taking the class, and I hope one day you can start your business!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Madison!
    I thought your story about entrepreneurship is so cool. The jewelry is so gorgeous and really in style right now! I think it's great you want to start your own interior design or architecture business. I hope you get everything you want out of this class and you can succeed in starting your own business!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment