Solving the Problem

8A - Solving the Problem


My opportunity for this exercise is to open an Interior Architecture Studio that specializes in the use of solar panels to implement more community awareness of the need for sustainability. The problem that I found after interviewing my five people was that the ‘why’ of my topic was not very clear. It seemed to be too similar to the ‘what’ of my topic. Also, a problem is that solar panels are often quite pricey. I feel that a solution would be to research and find less costly solar panels from a manufacturer, and possibly changing my business plan. I could run my business from Miami (my hometown) and market to the wealthier, but also environmental areas.


Comments

  1. Hi Madison, I think your idea is really great. After all, green energy is also supported by the government. It should be easier to attract investment for other industries. But I think the difficulty is not only the high production costs but also the instability caused by the temperature difference between day and night and the availability of space for these solar panels. Although the solar energy that reaches the whole ground is very large, the energy is very dispersed, and as a source of energy, it's very low density. Therefore, the solar energy utilization device must have a considerable area in order to collect enough power. However, large area, the cost will be high.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you picked a good issue, we definitely have the demographic and government stance on environmentalism you'd need to have a great demand for this, which means in my mind at least that the opportunity exists. Maybe you should look into working with a preexisting business that already installs/distributes solar panels. Entrepreneurship can happen within a pre-existing business, and i imagine solar is a business that requires a good amount of expertise and resources to truly pursue. Maybe consider how to innovate on the current industry, i'm sure theres already a solar company in Miami, but i'm sure there are ways to improve on what they're doing as well. I think you have the perfect demographic in mind as well. Maybe even considering creating marketing agency that specializes in environmental efforts. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment