Elevator Pitch Number Three

22A - Elevator Pitch Number Three

2.     The reflection that I got on my last video was really supportive! I’m so grateful for all the people commenting because it really does help a lot. I think the simple fact that people were liking my video and the changes I made to it was surprising in itself. I did get some really great suggestions that I utilized in my new video.
3.     Personally, I do find that a lot of my pitch is ingrained in my mind. I still need to read off of the script that I have a lot, but I do know a lot of the words by memory. As far as comfortable behind the camera goes, I have to say not 100%. I think maybe if I had been behind the camera way more often than three times, then I could definitely start to warm up to it. I do think that after this last video pitch, my overall pitch is better. I have taken everybody’s advice and comments and I have implemented them into this last video. I definitely tried to be more dynamic and add some more sentences/facts in order to lengthen my video.

Comments

  1. Hi Madison,
    I definitely think your overall elevator pitch has improved! I noticed your hand gestures more this time and you definitely sound more comfortable this time. I can relate to you saying that you're not 100% comfortable being in front of the camera, because I'm not really either. However, I think the more that you do this type of thing, the more comfortable you will get with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Madison,

    I think starting off by stating you're a student at the University is a good way to provide credentials to your business and pitch. I think people will be interested in your idea as you continue research in college. I also think adding a question is a good way to get the audience's attention. Making them think about your business idea will keep it in their minds. I see you have taken the feedback well and have most definitely improved. I agree and think being on camera can be uncomfortable, but practicing gives us a great opportunity to memorize our script and be more confident.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with the above comment that saying you are a student at UF adds credentials, but Dr. Pryor also mentioned that the audience doesn't care about who we are, just about what the business idea is. I think most of us have found that after the third time the pitch is in our minds, but I'm also not 100% comfortable saying it after only 3 times. Also, we all needed to be more dynamic and you did good this time on that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Madison,

    I think you did a fantastic job on your elevator speech. I can see what you are conveying and how you want to approach your idea, and the movement is very nice and dynamic. I also agree with you because I get nervous in front of the camera and start losing control over my own body because of being scared. Overall, I think this assignment has bettered the both of us by allowing us to see what we can improve on before we go out to the real world!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Madison, you gave a great speech. You didn't look as nervous as before in this speech. Hopefully you can make more eye contact with the audience to match your gestures. As Olivia says, many people don't know enough about a product, but a school or business with a high enough profile can make them feel good. So, it's important to use the resources around you as much as possible.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment