Halfway Reflection

14A - Halfway Reflection


          As defined earlier, the word “tenacious” means “very determined to do something”. I feel as though that is definitely a major theme taught and performed throughout this course so far. Over the last two months, taking this course has been an educational experience, as well as being a mental challenge. To keep up with this course, a definite need is a schedule. Having online videos and all online work can be very tough without having a set schedule of when to watch the videos and when to submit work by. To keep up with the course, I have definitely used my time management skills as well. When it comes to online courses, you need to be prepared to balance the online portion with in-person classes and other activities. I remember one time I was out of town and was just very active all day, to the point where I really didn’t feel like I had the time or necessity to finish work for this class. I didn’t even have time to watch the videos on the workload. I guess you could say I was tenacious in the way that I also happen to really care about my grade, and I wasn’t able to calculate whether or not I could afford to not do that specific assignment, due to other assignments not being graded (haha)! On a more serious note, I knew that one assignment is worth so many points, because of the actual assignment and then the discussion comments on others’ work following that. Another difficulty I had was being able to openly express my ideas about a business plan. I had an idea about what I wanted to do, but I didn’t know if it seemed too far-fetched; too unrealistic. Really, my classmates were the ones who helped me get through this, and while I still get doubts, I read their comments on my blog posts about how I have a cool idea and they give me honest feedback on stuff about my topic that I definitely had concerns about. Three tips that I could give someone would definitely be to develop time management skills! Not just for this class, but for everything in life; it is just so important that one is able to do this. If you have a hard time developing this on your own, there are people and classes you can take to become better! Second tip, don’t wait till the last minute! Most of the assignment take longer than one realizes, and they’re more involved (like doing interviews) that you can’t wait till last minute to do something like this. As far as developing the “tenacious mindset”, my third tip would be to not let yourself get in the way of your success. Oftentimes I think to myself like “oh I can’t do this” or “oh you just don’t have time; you can do other things instead” but that’s such a bad attitude! I’ve learned to just push those thoughts out of my head the minute I have them because I know that these assignments are definitely something I need to do for this class, but they also contribute to real world advice and topics.

Comments

  1. Hi Madison, I also often put off my homework until the last minute. It was not until I failed the first exam that I realized that the learning process at UF had to be a cumulative process and a learning schedule. This has proved to be useful, and I usually put deadlines on my to-do list a day or two ahead of time. Then try to finish the study plan that day in the school library before going home. Slowly, it became a habit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Madison,
    I agree with you that you have to have a schedule for this class to keep up with it. Time management is important for this class because the work can pile up on itself when you leave everything for the last minute and have to rush to complete it and end up not doing as well on it. Waiting until the last minute isn't going to work in this class because the assignments do take longer than you might think at first.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment