7A - Testing the Hypothesis - Part One
1.
Open an Interior Architecture Studio in Miami
that specializes in the use of solar panels to implement more community
awareness of the need for sustainability.
2.
WHO: primarily Miami citizens.
WHAT: the need to build
community awareness through new, unseen architecture designs and advancements
WHY: a new business idea
that focuses on implementing green advances in technology to be sustainable.
3.
Testing the WHO: The who in this instance
is focused towards residents who care or want to start being more sustainable.
They also probably have more money than the average to begin doing so. There
would definitely be others who have this need.
Testing the WHAT: Focusing
on the boundaries of this need, some could include the cost of this venture.
Some people may want to be sustainable but may not have the means to.
Additionally, some people may want to be sustainable but are unsure of how to,
and this could be a good starting point.
Testing the WHY: The why of
this business proposition may vary from person to person. Some people may
simply just want to look for ways to be more sustainable, or others may want it
to seem more technologically advanced than their peers.
4.
Interview One: “I think this is a pretty
original concept. I haven’t really heard or seen anything about this topic, but
it sounds pretty cool. The person that this would be targeted I think would
definitely be an environmentalist. The what, as in what it does, could very
much be raising awareness about the environment, because solar panels on a home
would definitely be noticeable. I guess the why of this concept would also be
to try and improve society in a way. It would definitely stick out to people and
raise some sort of awareness.”
Interview Two: “If you are
talking about manufacturing and/or selling solar panels, the who for this
business could very well be contractors as well as homeowners or other sustainable
businesspeople. Solar panels on actual roofs of houses or on roofs of
businesses would definitely be a huge advancement in technology, which I guess
could compensate for the ‘what’ of this interview. And for the why, because it
is attractive to most sellers. A lot of people in these days do things to
impress, they buy stuff to impress, they want what nobody else has. This cool,
modern advancement would be just that.”
Interview Three: “I feel
that this is a good idea, but maybe too far-fetched? The obvious ‘who’ that
this is directed to is an environmentally conscious person. The what could
possibly be to be more environmentally friendly, but have you considered the
cost of solar panels themselves? Your target buyer may not have the necessary
funds to make these purchases. I assume the why would also be to be sustainable,
but again consider the options said earlier.”
Interview Four: “I believe
the ‘who’ of this could be a vast majority of people. It could be homeowners,
designers, other architects. It is a pretty wild goal and seems like it could
be fairly difficult to accomplish. The ‘why’ and the ‘what’ seem very similar
in this situation. One would assume that they are both for the purpose of being
sustainable and not think any differently.”
Interview Five: “Solar
panels are a crazy idea! I love the environment and I love the idea of using
solar panels to be more sustainable. The ‘who’ would definitely be pointed
towards environmentally conscious people like me. The ‘what’ is obvious solar
panels and sustainability! And the ‘why’ seems to be because we as a group, as
a whole, need to be conscious of what is happening on our earth. We need to
think of ways to be more sustainable, but also allow people to be modern and
have their own style.”
5.
From my interviews I learned a couple things. I
realized that my target market could be fairly larger than I originally anticipated.
I thought it was really interesting that only one person found the sense to
factor in the expensive cost of solar panels. That factor flew by my head and
the other four interviewees didn’t mention anything about cost either. I feel
that my opportunity will be extremely hard to reach, given the feedback from
the people I interviewed.
Hi Madison!
ReplyDeleteI find your topic to be really interesting between it combines the going green aspect with solar panel to create a nice environment aspect. I also liked how you found more information about your opportunity from other people in order to stabilize your hypothesis even more. Cost was the main factor for me when reading about your opportunity because it is great about going green, but it is hard since families can vary in income level. I cannot wait to see your solution for your problem!
Hi Madison,This is really great idea, more and more people from the perspective of protecting the environment and saving resources to benefit mankind. Solar panels are a pollution-free energy converter. China is the world 's largest market for both photovoltaics and solar thermal energy. What impressed me the most profound application of solar panels is solar water heater and installed on both sides of the road lights are all light from the solar panel than light bulb shine.
ReplyDelete