26A - Celebrating Failure
This past semester has definitely been a learning experience for me. I have failed at so many things, but also learned from them. A big thing that I think is quite unusual for me is that I noticed myself failing to appreciate the little things around me. Whether that be people, objects, emotions, nature, I make a point to appreciate everything in life. However, this semester seemed to be quite messy and I failed at doing something I loved. To me, this failure is definitely difficult. It truly impacts my emotional and physical state, and after a while I started to feel drained and unmotivated this semester. I didn’t handle this failure well, but there is always room for change. Seeing as how this semester is not yet over, I have already made changes to my daily attitude and behavior. Relating to this class specifically, I was able to note this failure in the first place. In class assignments, we find very specific things about our business ventures and we have to think of all the little details. This started me on a path thinking about details of my life and what I was lacking at. Additionally, from this class I’ve noted that it is 100% okay to fail. Just because you fail doesn’t mean you are a failure. I feel that I would definitely be willing to take more risks now than I were a few months ago!
Hi Madison,
ReplyDeleteI really like this post and it is very eye opening. With many things changing and lots of things going on it is easy to forget the things we take for granted. I definitely agree that noticing failure isn't easy and can take a toll on your well-being. The best thing you can do is notice the failure and make a change, which you seem to do quite well!
I agree that I also didn't appreciate all of the good things in my life and I dwelled a lot. Just in the last week I have tried to change my mindset and have been so much happier. I think we all need to work on this from time to time and it's good for us to re-center and try to ground ourselves.
ReplyDeleteHi Madison, I quite agree with what you said about the importance of appreciating everything in life, and I can also feel the impact of your emotional changes on your body and many things. It's good to see that you say you've tried to change, and it's a positive start. For example, if I can keep a good mood for a period of time, I will find that I will have more motivation and enthusiasm to face everything around me. Enjoy life more actively, whether it's happy or sad.
ReplyDelete