Venture Concept Number One

24A – Venture Concept Number One

Architecture Firm and Solar Panel Specialists

Opportunity:
My opportunity is to create an architecture firm that specializes in the selling and installation of solar panels. The need in my business seems to be very basic. Who has the need? The answer is everybody. If we want to be more sustainable and save the world we live in, then we need to take action. The target audience for my business is the people in the city of Miami. So ultimately, my potential customers would be people living in Miami. There is no age limit; I am marketing to people of every age, people with homes, businesses, anything with a roof. Forces changing and creating this opportunity is the new wave of the environmentally friendly generations. As this generation rises, I think we’ll find that most of them have a drive to be sustainable and environmentally savvy.

Innovation:
My new service would be selling and installing solar panels on already constructed homes or home that my firm constructs. The goal is to get as many homes with solar panels on them as possible. Solar panels produce electricity, but that electricity has zero emissions. This results in the drastic reduction of greenhouse gas emissions. Additionally, the installation of solar panels equates in an automatic 30% federal tax credit on the total cost of the system. The homeowner could end up saving $5000 or more based on the size of their solar system. Ultimately, the cost of solar systems being installed on roofs could vary greatly. The cost depends on the size of the area, the number of watts in the solar panels, and the deal you can get from the solar panel producers. Typically on a residential home with solar panels sized at 3kW, the price could be around $9,000. Again, this depends on the size of the home and the amount of square footage covered.

Venture Concept:
The opportunity identified would be on the path to be solved if people were to invest in solar panels. Not only does it benefit the environment, but it would also benefit their wallet. This new generation is focused on making money, and at the same time, focusing on saving the world that is consistently crumbling around them. A good, timesaving strategy for them to achieve both their goals would be to invest in solar panels. I think with the right marketing it won’t be hard to get a person to switch to having solar panels on their homes. In Miami, there aren’t really any competitors to this specific idea. This leaves room for me to come in an explore my options. As far as organizing a “business” for the ongoing production of my product, I would definitely need different sets of crews. I would need marketers, installers, operators, investors, and faces that people can connect with.

Three Minor Elements:
First, my seemingly most important resource is my connection with the Miami community. I know so many people and I know the surrounding area very well. This allows me to market in the correct places, talk to people about the local area, and connect with them on a personal level.

Second, I’m not 100% sure what’s next for the venture. I think the next opportunity could be branching out with this business to other parts of Florida, or possibly other states such as California or Arizona.

Third, I’m not 100% sure what’s next for me either. In the next five years I would like to be starting to put this venture in motion. It would definitely take some time to establish secure connections with people and get a business location/employees.

Comments

  1. I feel the same way that I am not 100% sure of what's next for the venture and myself in relation to business, but it is important to set some kind of goal or end point, and it is ok if that changes along the way. Expanding throughout Florida to locations like Tampa and Jacksonville could be a great starting point for your business because it is still in the same state and would have the same state regulations if there are any. It would also be more feasible with materials and employees.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Madison,

    I think you have a great opportunity as more people are trying to be more sustainable and earth friendly. You seem very knowledgeable in your description of the opportunity along with the pricing statistics. I like how you included that it is not only eco-friendly but wallet friendly as well. In the minor elements, you mentioned that you aren't sure what's next, but would branch out. Personally I believe this is a great idea. Expanding to more places would beneficial to many home owners, the environment, and your business.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Madison,
    I think you did a great job with this post. I understand not knowing what would be next for your business, but I don't think knowing this from the beginning is all too important at first. Like you said, it will take time to establish connections, and it will take time for your business to grow. The more your business grows and evolves, the more you will figure out about what's next for your business.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Madison,

    First off, I found it really interesting that your goal wasn't based in making money. Although I'd hope your business makes money, you mentioned the emissions reductions this product would help with, which is huge. This tells me you're a part of the same demographic you're trying to market to, you prioritize environmentalism over profit-- Thats your individualistic culture and I'm certain thats your most valuable resource. I can also appreciate you concluded that you don't know whats next. Its hard to tell right now, it was really reassuring to hear that its all not set in stone yet.

    Keep up the good work

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Madison, As you said, your most valued resource is Miami. You also happen to have a lot of contact with the local community. It's amazing. This means you have an initial customer base. I'm sure you can get off to a good start in Miami, Florida, California, Arizona, or any other state on your schedule because the enough sunshine.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment